Pictures from Florence are finally ready!
We stayed in the wonderful Relais Villa Il Sasso Hotel, 5 minutes from the city center and with a beautiful view on the hills. Lots of things to see in Florence but we visit only:
1. the " Ponte Vecchio", hystorical bridge where the butchers worked and now lots of jewellery take them place;
2. " Piazza della Signoria" where you can find the copy of the Michelangelo's David( the real one, REALLY SUGGESTED, is in Gallerie dell'Accademia not so far) and the Uffizi's art gallery with lots of Botticelli's works;
3. "Palazzo Pitti" and "Giardini di Boboli": inside the palace there was a lots of arts and a show of original fashion clothes from 1850 to 2000; the garden was AMAZING and you have to go there is you are in Florence in a sunny day: You will walk a lot!
4. " Piazza del Duomo": we enjoyed a lot the blue cloudy sky and the colorful marbles of the church and went under the magnificent cupola of Brunelleschi. Absolutely to go.
5. " Church of San Lorenzo", to see something un-finished where also Michelangelo and Brunelleschi worked for the facade;
6. " Palazzo Medici" by Michelozzo (but I prefer Palazzo Rucellai by Leon Battista Alberti) and "Piazza della Repubblica" with a lots of shops and street artist;
7." ll Caminetto" for dinner, on the Chianti's hills, where we had an HUGE Fiorentina: MAMA MIA!
NOT TO MISS:
Santa Maria Novella
San Miniato Al Monte